1) The Leopards will hold a brief pregame ceremony to honor the careers of their 25 seniors: Alex Arellano, Ezra Broadus, Andrew Carrasco, George Evans III, James Ferraro, Isaiah Gueits, Christopher Gura, Josh Hardy, Dalton Johnson, Shawn Kagan, David Kain, Cameron Kerr, Sebastian Kirchfeld, Beau Kitson, Israel Macias, Justin Manson, Michael Medina, Matt Nishanian, Dallas Parent, Jacob Parga, Blayr Stone, Zachary Tomlinson, Connor Truhitte, Jacob Whannel and An-Tony Young
2) La Verne did an excellent job stopping the run against Claremont-Mudd-Scripps, holding the Stags to just 35 yards on 33 carries (1.1 yards per carry) last week.
The Leopards will look to form a defensive wall again against Pomona-Pitzer as the Sagehens' Aseal Birir comes into the game leading the SCIAC in rushing yards per game with 122.8 in five SCIAC games.
3) La Verne defensive tackle Austin Brown has emerged as one of the best defensive players in the SCIAC. In the four SCIAC games he started, he has totaled 34 tackles (8.5 for loss) and three sacks.
Brown had four tackles and a sack in last year's matchup against Pomona-Pitzer.
4) La Verne quarterback Zachary Tomlinson will have to be extra careful with the ball as Pomona-Pitzer comes into the game with 12 interceptions on the season, six more than any other SCIAC team. Elan Harris leads the SCIAC with five interceptions and has nine pass breakups on the season.
5) Sophomore Pomona-Pitzer quarterback Edward Sias is having a breakout season, sitting near the top of the SCIAC leaderboards in most passing categories. He is second in the SCIAC in yards per game (229.2), third in completion percentage (61.3%) and third in touchdowns (10). He has thrown at least one touchdown in every game this season.